Saturday, February 5, 2011
Tieler was diagnosed with EE on 2/4/2011 her Eosinphil count was 77. And that was on an already restricted diet of milk, egg, peanut, rhye, cashew, black walnut, pistachio, pecan, and hazelnut. And here we are... Jaxens is getting scoped on 2/15/2011 and tie starts her diet and meds tomorrow. I am devastated I guess. I wanted answers so so badly. I have them yet I feel just as terrible. Inadequate, and overwhelmed by the Cost. The emotional and physical cost, and the financial. It is still so new to me. Like a fresh wound. I am still crying, feeling sorry for my children and myself. Wanting all the answers and to just feel for a minute like I can make a happy and normal life for them. And I am scared. So so scared, of trying to find the money for their treatment. How do I teach them at this age that there is so much more to life than food when everything is centered around it? How do I make them understand what is happening? I feel like there is so much that I don't know! And feel like I am questioning my ability as a mother! I want them to have it all. Feeding tubes... OMG I can't imagine having to go that route I am absolutely mortified at the idea.... But getting my kids to even eat this restricted diet is my biggest and first battle, and I am freaked! One day at a time is what I keep telling myself. And I hope to god I can do this and do a good job. My kids are my life. Sickness is not new to us, but EE is. I would love to talk to anyone who knows these feelings, has advice, something to share? a recipe? feel free to email me! I would love it! Thanks for listening.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment